the BCU are now able to accept entries for the 2013 ECA Masters Canoe Marathon Championships to be held in Vilaverde, Portugal on 5th and 6th June 2013. The cost per person per event for each BCU athlete will be £45.00, which includes race entry (€50.00) and the cost of International Bank transfers as well as Letters of Authority which all athletes will require in order to compete.
All international entries for this race need to be endorsed by the relevant National Federation – i.e. British Canoe Union, without this entries will not be accepted.
Any BCU athlete requiring an entry to the 2013 ECA Masters Canoe Marathon Championships will need to provide the following details to Simon Hitchcox, by 12:00 noon on Thursday 23rd May 2013 by e-mailing
Please note NO entries will be accepted after 12:00 noon on 23rd May 2013.
1. Name(s), gender, date of birth and BCU membership number(s) for all athletes require an entry – only entries from current BCU members will be accepted
2. Athlete contact details including e-mail and contact phone number(s)
3. The name of which canoe club you belong to
4. Which event(s) you wish to enter
4. Your current Marathon Ranking Division
5. Entry fee of £45.00 per person per event (please make cheques payable to ‘British Canoe Union’, or alternatively we can take Credit/Debit Card payments by phone).
Once all entries have been received each athlete will be sent a letter stamped by the BCU confirming to the Race Organisers that you have BCU approval to race at 2013 ECA Masters Canoe Marathon Championships. At the point of registration a Team Leader will be appointed to collect all race numbers and act as the first point of contact for any enquiries / problems.
Full details of the event are available on the 2013 ECA European Canoe Marathon Championships website: www.vilaverdemarathonec2013.com and the attached Event Booklet.